Whether it’s a work thing, friend thing, or family get-together, there is no shame in our appetizer game, we’re showing up with a cheese ball. They’re a little sweet, a little salty, a little cheesy, and a little crunchy so really something for everyone. While we know and love the standard cheese ball, these just take things to the next level.
One quick pro tip before we get started, if you aren’t in love with the idea of serving your cheese ball up with crackers, you can opt to serve apple or pear slices, crostini, mini bagels, pretzels, potato wedges, or pita triangles in their place and you won’t regret it. Okay, recipe time.
Because this cheese ball incorporates a seasonal favorite, cranberries, it’s perfect for the holidays. Check out this recipe from Dinner then Dessert.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (green part only)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- To a large stand mixer on low speed add the cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, cranberries, first ½ cup pecans, green onions and garlic powder until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- Lay a large plastic wrap square on your counter and put the mixture on it, then gather the sides and bunch them up to help shape the mixture into a ball.
- Add the remaining ½ cup finely chopped pecans to a large bowl and roll the cheese ball into the chopped pecans then serve with crackers.
- Best if served after 4 hours refrigeration.
Dry ranch, cheddar cheese, green onions and bacon, four ingredients that can do no wrong. Check out this cheese ball recipe from The Diary of a Real Housewife.
- 16 oz Cream cheese (softened)
- 1 packet Dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Green onion (diced)
- 1 cup Bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and dry ranch package.
- Add your shredded cheese, green onions, and bacon and mix well and then shape into a ball.
- Chill for 1-2 hours to firm. Serve with crackers.
If you’re as obsessed with everything bagel seasoning as we are, you’re going to love this version of a cheese ball. Served up with toasted mini bagels? *Chef’s kiss* Check out this recipe from The Toasty Kitchen.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning divided
- In a bowl, add softened cream cheese, sharp cheddar, parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, and one tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning. Mash ingredients together until evenly incorporated.
- Form the cheese mixture into a ball using plastic wrap or wax paper. Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm.
- Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of everything bagel seasoning onto a plate. Unwrap cheese ball and gently roll in seasoning until evenly coated.
- Serve with crackers and sliced vegetables. Or, refrigerate until ready to serve