Everyone has a “most wonderful time of the year” moment and ours happens to be whenever we can buy Cadbury Eggs and eat them by the bag. But hear us out, put the bag down, and let us talk you into baking these seven-layer magic bars. This dessert combines classic seven-layer ingredients such as graham cracker crust, coconut, nuts, and chocolate chips all drizzled with a can of sweetened condensed milk. Now imagine all of those things plus Cadbury eggs. Drooling yet? Here is the recipe from Together As a Family.
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1½ cups chopped Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Heat oven to 350°. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish by lightly spraying with cooking spray or lining with parchment paper.* I prefer to line the pan with parchment paper because then the bars easier to lift out and they can be cut nicely.
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a bowl. Mix together until it’s combined (it will be like coarse sand). Press into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut and pecans over the crust.
- Drizzle the entire can of sweetened condensed milk evenly over.
- Top with the milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and chopped Cadbury eggs. Gently press down on the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cool in pan for about an hour. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Notes From the Baker
½ cup butter is equivalent to 1 stick of butter or 8 tablespoons butter. It’s all the same.
The easiest way to chop up the Cadbury eggs is to put some in a freezer Ziploc bag and then use a meat pounder, or a rolling pin, or even the back of a frying pan to chop them.You can crush your own graham crackers or just buy a box of graham cracker crumbs. I always buy the box of graham cracker crumbs. You can find them in the baking aisle
.You can use any type of chocolate chips you like. Use all milk chocolate if that’s all you have. Add some dark chocolate chips, or butterscotch. Just make sure you keep the chocolate chips at the 1 ½ cups that the recipe calls for.