Tomorrow is the big game and whether you’re hosting a Chiefs party or an Eagles party, the drinks should be flowing. Now, sure, who doesn’t love an ice-cold beer, but hear us out: themed cocktails. And the best part about cocktails? You can always make a fruity, delicious mocktail version for anyone underage or anyone that doesn’t drink alcohol. Because we aren’t here to pick sides, we have two cocktails for Eagles fans, and two cocktails for Chiefs fans. Let’s get started!
Philadelphia Eagles Cocktail
If you’re all about the fruity drinks, this one is for you. Check out this recipe from Cooking with Curls.
- Cocktail Shaker
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces blue raspberry vodka
- 2 ounces blue curacao
- 1 ounce lime juice fresh squeezed
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Pour all of the ingredients into the shaker.
- Secure the lid and shake vigorously to combine. Strain the cocktail into two, ice-filled collins glasses.
- Add a straw to each glass and serve immediately.
Fly Like an Eagle-Tini
Just like the description says, you gotta have something to wash down all those cheesesteaks. Check out this Eagle-Tini recipe from Today.
- One 6-ounce can pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup blue curacao
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Fill 2 martini glasses with ice water and set aside.
- Fill a cocktail shaker or pint glass halfway with ice.
- Pour the pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka, and lime juice into the shaker or glass, and shake or stir as appropriate.
- Discard the ice water from the martini glasses
- Strain the cocktail into the martini glasses, dividing it evenly between the two.
- Garnish each cocktail with a sprig of mint leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Not only is this cocktail fruity and easy to make, but it’s really pretty in a glass and will go perfectly with the rest of your Chiefs decor. Check out this recipe from Julie’s Eats and Treats.
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 2 ounces coconut rum we use Malibu
- 1 Tablespoon grenadine
- maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks, and/or orange slices for garnish
- Place a few ice cubes in a tall Collins-style cocktail glass.
- Then pour the pineapple, orange juice, and coconut rum. Stir until combined.
- Slowly drizzle the grenadine down the side of the glass. Do not stir.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, pineapple chunks, and/or orange slices.
- Serve immediately.
Red Wine Sangria
And last, but certainly not least, a fruity red wine sangria because you can never go wrong with red wine. The trick is to add yellow fruits to achieve that ‘Red Kingdom’ look. Check out this recipe from Aberdeen’s Kitchen.
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- ¼ to ⅓ cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh cherries, stems removed, pitted, and halved
- 1 cup strawberries, largely diced
- 1 medium orange, sliced thinly
- 1 lime, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- Club Soda
- Add all fruit into a large pitcher.
- Pour wine, Grand Marnier, and orange over the fruit. Gently stir together and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Pour into desired glass and top with a splash of club soda to serve.