Just because you’re under the age of 21 doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy a colorful, fruity drink with friends by the pool or on the playground. (Minus the alcohol, of course!) So whether you’ve got birthday parties, pool parties, or preschool graduations coming up, here are a few kid-approved drinks you’ll be slinging all spring and summer.
Shark Attack Punch
This is a crowd favorite for pool parties and it’s incredibly easy to make. And when we say, “make it a double!” we mean, add more gummy sharks, please. Check out this recipe from Aspiring Winos.
- Punch Gatorade (or any punch juice)
- Sprite soda pop
- Ice cubes
- Shark gummies
- Prep two glasses and place one shark gummy at the bottom.
- Fill a glass with ice and shark gummies making sure to disperse the sharks evenly to make them look as though they are swimming.
- Top with an even mix of punch and sprite (50/50 ratio)
This drink doesn’t skimp on color or flavor. And the sparkly rim? Adorbs. You can play around with any colors you like making this a tasty science experiment for the kids! Check out this recipe from Midget Momma.
- 3 cups water
- Pink food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- teal food coloring
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Unicorn sprinkles or pink, purple and gold sprinkles
- 1.5 cups granulated white sugar
- 9 cups of water
- 1.5 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice 20-24 lemons
- Divide the water into three different measuring cups with the spout on them. Color the water so you have one cup full of pink water, one cup purple water, and one cup teal water.
- Pour the water into individual ice cube trays. Allow the ice to freeze overnight in your freezer.
- Heat a medium pot on the stove on medium hear and add the sugar and the water.
- Bring the sugar and 1.5 cups water to a boil
- Set aside and let it cool.
- Squeeze your lemons into a bowl.
- In a large pitcher combine the rest of the water, the sugar/water mixture and the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve over ice.
- Once the ice cubes are made and the fresh lemonade is made it is time to put together your Unicorn lemonade.
- Place your corn syrup onto a small plate.
- Mix together the pink, purple and gold sprinkles together on a small plate.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the corn syrup up so it’s lightly coated around the rim. Dip the glass into the sprinkles and swirl it around until the whole rim so it’s covered in sprinkles.
- Layer the ice in your glass so it is alternating pink, teal, and purple ice until the glass is full.
- Pour in the lemonade and garnish with lemon and straw.
Cotton Candy Mocktail
If “fun” was a drink, it would be this cotton candy mocktail. You can sub in your candy of choice if rainbow candy isn’t your thing, and if you wanna make this drink all about one color, you can play around with food coloring, candy, and cotton candy flavors to make all of your mocktails pink, yellow, purple, green, etc.! Because the possibilities are endless, these mocktails are great for just about any event. Check out this recipe from Riles and Bash.
- 1 bag or tub of cotton candy
- 750 ml sparkling pink lemonade
- 4-6 pieces of rainbow andy
- Sanding sugar/crystal sugar in rainbow colors
- The first step is to take your colored sugar and arrange it in a circle on the side plate.
- The circle of sugar should be about the same width of your glass rim.
- Arrange the sugar in rainbow order and about 1/4″ deep to get enough coverage on your rim.
- Dip your glass into the bowl of water to get about 1/4″ of the rim wet so that the sugar will stick to the rim
- Now you can start weaving your rainbow candy onto your bamboo skewer or pick. We used a sour rainbow candy and weaved it onto a bamboo skewer.
- The next step is to take a loose clump of cotton candy and put it into the glass, being careful not to touch the sugared rim. Try to get a large enough clump that you have some of the cotton candy coming out of the top of the glass.
- Now it’s time to add your candy skewer for some extra flair. We gently rested it against the side of the glass.
- Slowly start pouring the sparkling pink lemonade and watch the cotton candy disappear, while the drinks sparkle to life!