Easter is just around the corner and we think it’s the perfect time to celebrate sunshine, warmer weather, and all things spring. So whether you’re hosting a spring brunch or breaking out the BBQ grill, we’ve got the drinks covered.
Something equal parts creamy and fruity to sip on while the kids hunt Easter eggs, what could be better? Check out this recipe from Delish.
- 1/4 c. marshmallow fluff
- 2 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 c. silver tequila
- 1 c. triple sec
- 1/2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- Ice, for serving
- Using a butter knife (or a small offset spatula), spread marshmallow fluff around rims of glasses. Add shredded coconut to a shallow bowl, then dip the tops of glasses in coconut, adhering the coconut to the fluff.
- In a large pitcher, stir together coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, pineapple juice, and lime juice.
- Add ice to glasses then pour over margarita mixture.
Sparkling Blackberry Mint Julep
A cocktail that calls for fresh mint and fresh blackberries just screams spring. Check out this recipe from Creative Culinary.
- Small ice cubes I get mine from Sonic; they sell ice by the bag
- ½ cup blackberries
- 4 tablespoons mint leaves torn in half
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup equal parts water and sugar brought to boil just enough to melt sugar; cooled
- 3 ounces bourbon
- Prosecco or other sparkling wine
- Mint sprigs and blackberries for garnish
- Fill a julep or small rocks glass overflowing with ice cubes.
- In a shaker, muddle the blackberries, mint leaves and simple syrup.
- Add 1 cup of ice cubes and bourbon to the shaker and shake well. Strain the drink into the glass filling it 3/4 full.
- Finish filling the glass with the Prosecco, gently stir to combine.
- Gently press on the mint leaves for garnish to release their aroma before putting a bunch into each cocktail; finish with a blackberry and serve with a short straw.
Easter Peeps Cocktail
Whether you love Peeps or hate them, we can probably all agree they’re the perfect garnish for this subtly strawberry cocktail. Check out this recipe from Simple Sips at Home.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 1 oz Baileys Strawberries and Cream
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Pink bunny Peeps
- Simple Syrup
- Fine pink sugar
- Rim a cocktail glass with pink sugar by first dipping the rim into simple syrup then into pink sugar.
- In an ice filled shaker combine vodka, Kahlua, Baileys and heavy cream. Shake vigorously then strain into the cocktail glass.
- Cut a slit into the bottom of a Peep and add to the rim of the glass.
Spiked Sparkling Basil Lemonade
Few things are as great as a pitcher of boozy lemonade on a warm spring day. Check out this recipe from Advanced Mixology.
(image via: istock)
- 9 Large basil leaves, divided
- 4 oz. Vodka
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Lemonade
- Lemon slices for garnish
For the infused vodka:
Tear 5 basil leaves into a jar and soak them in vodka.
Shake the mixture, seal, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
For the basil sugar:
Combine the sugar and remaining basil leaves in a food processor or blender.
Pulse until the green is chopped into small pieces.
For the cocktail:
Rim the glasses with the basil sugar.
Strain the infused vodka in the glasses.
Add lemonade and top with seltzer.